Transformer Field Service Technician Travel
Company: Electric Power Systems
Posted on: May 25, 2023
- -Nationally-Recognized Experts Specialized in Transformer and
Substation Apparatus Installation, Services, and Repair.At NASS, we
provide the broadest set of one-stop substation service
capabilities in the country-from turnkey upgrades and asset
assemblies to major repairs and testing. From transformers and
breakers, switches, arresters, and apparatus testing, to
comprehensive substation inspection programs, protection and
control commissioning and repairs, and control cabinet engineering.
-We care about our employees and offer a generous benefits package
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off
- Paid short term and long term disability
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Tuition ReimbursementJob Purpose:This position performs routine
skilled and technical support work in the inspection, repair and
maintenance of transmission and distribution substation electrical
equipment. This position requires working outdoors in all weather
conditions. Occasionally work is performed near moving mechanical
parts in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet
and/or humid conditions, ambient air, temperature extremes, fumes
and airborne particulates, traffic, toxic or caustic chemicals,
electrical shock hazard, noise pollution, and vibration.
- The installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of
communication, data processing, and computerized control
- The logging and maintenance of operating records as
- Maintenance of solid state devices, computers, telemetering
equipment, protective relays, and switchboard Instruments.
- Utilize drawings/prints and instruction manuals in the
performance of construction, maintenance and operation of
- Use of the oscilloscope, wattmeter, phase angle meter, signal
generator, electronic coupler, phase shifter, and other instruments
and last equipment required to test certain equipment.
- Operate construction/maintenance equipment (bucket/derrick
trucks, oil processing equipment, etc.) and tools.
- Perform switching, obtain clearances and make site safe for
- Works with line crews and contractors as assigned.Required:
- High School diploma or GED. Supplemental courses in electrical
- Must possess a current and valid driver's license, and be able
to maintain a good driving record.
- Must be able to crawl, climb, stand and lift up to 50 lbs. with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to pass a fit for duty exam.
- Must be available for regular overnight domestic travel and
occasional international travel.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, and
occasional weekends, holidays and nights.
- Able and willing to travel up to 75% as needed.Preferred:
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- NCCO Crane Certification -
- Some knowledge of the fundamentals and principles of
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions required in
working in a power distribution facility preferred.
- Ability to learn to read and interpret electrical diagrams and
- Ability to learn to read and interpret a variety of power
generation and distribution metering and recording devices.
- Ability to learn the practices and procedures of the
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.NASS is an equal
opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to all
qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion,
disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual
orientation), political affiliation, military service, national
origin, age or any other characteristics protected by state or
federal laws. -
Keywords: Electric Power Systems, Lombard , Transformer Field Service Technician Travel, Professions , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...