Company: Waste Management
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job
Summary Ensures delivery of excellent customer service through
accurate and fast processing of orders. Provides logistics support
for domestic and international movement of recycled materials.
Communicates and coordinates with other departments and partners in
order to fulfill customers' needs. First point of customer contact
for general inquiries. Builds and maintains business relationship
with clients and suppliers by providing prompt and accurate
service. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be
- Communicate with customers to monitor inventories and
anticipate their production needs and to schedule all necessary
equipment to move waste by-products.
- Arrange and negotiate third-party freight costs, when needed,
for timely servicing of all customers waste by-product pick-ups by
using WM approved carriers.
- Monitor and maintain shipment status via computer system.
- Respond to customer complaints in a timely manner. Investigate
and solve issues with shipments for both vendors and customers.
- Initiate calls to customers to set up deliveries, advise
shipment delays and/or information necessary to set up deliveries.
Initiate traces with carriers and railroads for proof of deliveries
- Review pricing with the Sales and Marketing groups.
- Develop interactive relationships with vendors, customers and
outside freight carriers.
- Responsible for all necessary documentation for all shipments,
which can include export documentation to overseas mills.
- Initiate calls to customers to ensure timely and accurate
invoicing. Record and prepare vendor payments in accordance with
contracted terms. Ensure proper billing of freight and special
charges. Issue debits and credits as necessary.
- Resolve downgrades and rejects of waste material by dealing
directly with the customer and the vendor. Gather and process the
cost information by negotiating pricing with the customer and/or
vendor to minimize the overall impact to the company and customer,
with approval by account manager.
- Work with other supervisors/managers to coordinate services and
keep them informed as issues arise.
- Project a knowledgeable, enthusiastic, positive attitude that
encourages customer and employee confidence and reflects the
professional image desired by WMRA.
- Attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain
favorable working relationships among employees and promote maximum
morale, productivity and efficiency.
- Provide timely feedback to direct supervisor regarding service
failures, customer complaints or any other matters regarding
- Provide timely and accurate information to incoming customer
order status and product knowledge requests.
- Works to meet or exceed service and operational goals
established for the call center, including productivity, quality,
and timeliness goals.
- Collaborate with sales representatives to meet and exceed
customers' service expectations, and develop solutions to ensure
smooth material movement.
- Perform other special projects and tasks as assigned.
- May provide direction or support to less experienced Customer
III. Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory
duties. IV. Qualifications The requirements listed below are
representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: Two years of relevant work experience in a customer
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Experience with Microsoft Office; basic Excel required.
- Work experience that required the use of a computer.
V. Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding
environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the job. Normal setting for
this job is: office setting. Benefits At Waste Management, each
eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package
including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term
Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on
401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays,
and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site. If
this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply."
Keywords: Waste Management, Lombard , Logistics Coordinator, Professions , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!