Company: Lineage Logistics
Posted on: January 16, 2022
* Hiring Immediately
* Medical, Dental & Vision benefits after 60 days
* Paid Vacation & Holidays
* On the job training with career growth opportunities
Job Description Summary
Position Summary: The Purchasing Assistant is a critical position
to the success of the company. This position works closely with the
Purchasing Manager, as well as, all Account Managers on a daily
basis. Place daily replenishment orders for all warehouses to
ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained. Extensive
communication with Customer Service, Logistics, Warehouse
receiving, vendors and Accounting, to achieve superior customer
Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned as
* Create replenishment purchase orders utilizing an ERP system
"forecast based" model.
* Responsible for the costing confirmation of assigned items on
each order and confirming agreement with supplier.
* Manages all inventory levels and operates in "just in time"
* Expedites all deliveries with carriers/suppliers to avoid
* Determines the means of transportation for each purchase order
attempting to generate profitability by using company arranged
* Works with customer and customer service to manage unavoidable
* Monitors the receipt of goods accuracy and the shelf life
implication of product received.
* Works with suppliers on product availability, costing, product
freshness, promotions, and all other applicable factors.
* Perform buy-ins on inventory considering market fluctuations.
* Work and communicate directly with specific accounts and be their
secondary liaison for communication and assistance.
* Participate when requested for account specific meetings and
* Resolve all conflicts for assigned distribution centers and
* Fast paced working environment.
* Must be capable of multi-tasking and communicate effectively in
order to meet all internal and external customer needs.
* Must be comfortable and confident with basic computer and phone
* Associate Degree and/or three years of prior Purchasing
* Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, word, and
* EXCELLENT communication and time management skills.
* Strong analytical and math skills.
* Knowledge working in an ERP system a plus.
* Demonstrate a positive attitude while proactively resolving daily
* Ability to plan and organize.
* Disciplined self-starter.
Lineage Team Members:
* Continually meet internal and external customer expectations
through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and support
* Demonstrate complete commitment to a culture of safety. Promote a
safe work environment through personal actions and identifying any
* Treat all team members with a respect while demonstrating
positive work attitude and leadership skills.
* Take initiative to continually improve performance and work
processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new
* Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely,
effectively and efficiently.
* Demonstrate excellent job performance in productivity, quality,
safety, and attendance
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within
Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and
promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our
business and how each team member plays a part each and every day
to satisfy our customers' requirements. Beyond that, you'll help us
grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our
industry. We'll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part
to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working
at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care
about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is
committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws
that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and
retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on
the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical
or mental disability or any other protected status under federal,
state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments,
competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and
Paid Time Off and Sick Days
Keywords: Lineage Logistics, Lombard , Purchasing Assistant, Professions , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!