Distribution Center Operations Manager - 2nd Shift
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Job Summary Lead the operation of a Distribution Center in support
of company goals. Provide input and feedback on all operations
processes and results to DC Manager. Responsible for providing
input to DC Manager for departmental strategic and operations
planning, financial management, operational reporting and
communication, fleet management, departmental process improvement,
compliance, and inventory management. Major Tasks,
Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides departmental input to DC Manager for development of
operating plans for warehouse and transportation operations in
support of organizational goals including facility, equipment and
- Identifies departmental financial resources necessary to
support operating plan and provide cost justification for
departmental spending; participates with DC Manager in the
development of department operating budgets.
- Provides process improvement recommendations to DC Manager and
implements process improvement action plans within the department.
Conducts routine departmental analysis on functions, processes,
asset utilization (equipment, resources, and labor) and
communicates results of departmental analysis to DC Manager.
- Leads associates to be fully compliant with all safety and
Hazmat rules and regulations, legal regulations, and human resource
policies; ensures safety and security of associates, facility,
equipment, and inventory relevant to department. Reports safety and
security discrepancies to DC Manager.
- Manages performance of Assistant Manager and/or hourly
associates and recognize, train, coach, counsel, and take
corrective action when warranted.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles, and practical
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors
and/or indirectly supervises support staff. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally
7+ years of experience in a related field. May require
certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some
disciplines. Req ID R22000064 Functional Area Logistics Position
Type Regular HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Lombard , Distribution Center Operations Manager - 2nd Shift, Professions , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!