CNC Lathe Set up Operator
Company: Linecraft, Inc
Posted on: November 26, 2022
- Sets up and operates multi axis lathes to perform machining
operations such as turning, boring, facing and/or threading of
- Review blueprints, job breakdown sheets and QC documents of
part to determine the machine settings, specifications, fixtures,
and tools necessary to produce the part.
- Selects and installs tooling or preset tooling in tool posts,
turret, arbors or indexing heads and tool magazine in sequence as
defined on job breakdown sheets.
- Mounts work piece between centers, on arbor, on a chuck or to a
faceplate manually or using a hoist.
- Observes numerical displays on control panel and compares to
process sheets to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates and
speeds of machining cuts.
- Adjusts and directs flow of coolant against tooling and work
- Inspects first run piece and spot checks succeeding pieces to
conformance to specifications, using inspection equipment's as
specified on QC documents.
- Make offset/machine adjustments to keep parts within
- Studies job packet and organizes materials for next run for the
purpose of shortening changeover time.
- May set tools before positioning them in machine, using
precision gauges and instruments.
- May setup and operate another machine tool during machining
- Preform preventive maintenance on machine and maintain
cleanliness of work area.
- Complete "Daily Operator Checklist" at the beginning of each
shift or when moving to new area.
- Additional duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
REQUIREMENTSIntermediate reading, writing, and arithmetic skills
required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma
or equivalent, or a 2-degree program.Two to five years' experience
with Lathe equipment in a manufacturing environment.Computer
literate with the ability to learn and work statistical and
manufacturing software applications. Duties require verbal and
written communication skills.PI197111290
Keywords: Linecraft, Inc, Lombard , CNC Lathe Set up Operator, Other , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!