Company: Restaurant Depot
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Inventory Controller FULL-TIME $18/hr Works closely with
Assistant Branch Managers and Branch Manager to ensure efficient
operations in Inventory, Front End, Cash Room, and Receiving
Departments. Maintains a positive company image by providing
courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service. Supports the
Branch Manager in maintaining company standards. Can be responsible
for holding warehouse keys. Performs manual labor as needed.
- Maintains the accuracy of the physical inventory at the
- Uses a scan gun and moves merchandise as needed in order to
obtain information needed
- Makes decisions on pricing and ensures that gross margins are
maintained on a level required by corporate.
- Communicates margin issues to buyers and follows up for a timely
- Reviews sales price differential reports determining if front end
pricing is accurate and makes the appropriate changes.
- Ensures that cycle counts are being conducted on a timely and
- Trains all staff for inventory purposes and is responsible for
the preparation and conducting of semi-annual inventories.
- Coordinates Inventory Control with the Receiving, Perishables,
Dry Goods Floor, and Front End to make sure low stock, out of
stock, negative on hand, and computer inventory is correct.
- Supervises Stock-taker (see # 5).
- Coordinates writing of adjustment vouchers to vendors for damages
and meets with vendor reps to obtain their approvals.
- Responsible for liquor and tobacco tax filings with the proper
- Reports shrink and research causes.
- Controls markdowns & voids by monitoring damages and
- Analyzes and determines reasons for negative inventory and
- Reviews store statistical reports for any abnormal or erroneous
data. ORD-04 WS-04 WS-TC WS-LC Schedule Shift start: 8:00 AM Shift
length: 8 - 10 hours 5 days/week, must be available any day
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan Qualifications
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old Minimum of 4 years of experience
in retail or wholesale.Background in Physical Inventory
maintenance/control.Proven leadership skills; ability to supervise
and direct employees.Ability to calculate figures and amounts such
as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, mass, and
volume.Must be PC literate; working knowledge of MS Office; 10-key
skills a big plus. About Restaurant Depot Restaurant Depot is a
Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry Foodservice Supplier. Their
mission is to be your one-stop shop for savings, selection, and
service, seven days a week. They have been supplying independent
food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry
warehouse stores since 1990. They became the leading low-cost
alternative to other foodservice suppliers by eliminating the
overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on the needs of
independent foodservice operators and offering free
Keywords: Restaurant Depot, Lombard , Inventory Controller, Other , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!