Concierge - PRN
Company: Lifespace Communities
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Don't just live life.love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to
create memories for our residents!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by
our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in
your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create
your own lasting impression.
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to
become a Concierge at Beacon Hill, a CCRC community located in
Lombard, Illinois. The shift that we are currently seeking is PRN
and we are looking for occasional Weekends and rotating
The Concierge ensures the highest level of resident satisfaction
by providing services and information the residents request within
the guidelines of the community. This position proactively
anticipates the needs of the residents so a solution can be offered
before requested, personalizing the delivery of the service to meet
the specific needs of each resident.
A few other details about the role:
- Acknowledge and greet all residents and guests with utmost
courtesy and urgency.
- Be knowledgeable of local current attractions or events and
offer recommendations and personal services that may include, but
not limited to, restaurant reservations, recreation requests,
doctor appointments, floral orders, dry cleaning, etc., for
residents and visiting guests. Information provided may include
maps, literature and other materials.
- Assist residents and visitors into and out of their
- Assist with loading and unloading vehicles; delivers packages,
groceries to resident living areas.
- Assist in direction of deliveries for residents, and visitors
to their destinations.
- Deliver various items to resident homes.
- Remind residents of scheduled reservations and other
- Responsible for scheduling appointments and informing
transportation team of any appointments made.
- Responsible for scheduling dining room reservations.
- Responsible for preparing, and/or receiving resident
maintenance requests and inputting into the work order system.
- Responsible for keeping work area clean, orderly and safe at
- Open and close the concierge desk and properly secure all
files, keys and equipment.
- Receive inquiries and release information in accordance with
established policies and procedures.
- Ensure guests/visitors abide by existing rules and refuse
admission to persons, as directed.
- In absence of safety and security team, route vendors,
emergency vehicle drivers as needed.
- In a clear and precise manner, pass information and directions
at end of shift.
- Provide administrative assistance and back-up support to
- Practice exemplary public relations and customer service with
all contacts, to enhance the positive image of Lifespace and its
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules,
and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company
policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living
Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies
and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion,
dedication, team work and quality.
- Team member will support, actively participate and act in
accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service
culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service
pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and
And here's what you need to apply:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Hospitality or customer service experience preferred.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform
job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors
and team members.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just
the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the
support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life
and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is
one of the nation's largest senior living provider of non-profit
retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over
$340 million and employs over 3,800 team members. Lifespace
Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help
create exceptional, financially sound communities where people
could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The
organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating
communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves
over 5,100 residents.
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
- Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, Florida
- Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, Florida
- Beacon Hill - Lombard, Illinois
- Claridge Court - Prairie Village, Kansas
- Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, Iowa
- Edgemere - Dallas, Texas
- Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, Minnesota
- Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire,
- Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, Nebraska
- Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, Florida
- Oak Trace - Downers Grove, Illinois
- Querencia at Barton Creek - Austin, Texas
- The Stayton - Fort Worth, Texas
- Village On The Green - Longwood, Florida
- The Waterford - Juno Beach, Florida
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose
your language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please
choose your language: English - Spanish - Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement,
please click the link: English
To see other positions, click here.
Keywords: Lifespace Communities, Lombard , Concierge - PRN, Other , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!