Don't just live life.love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to
create memories for our residents!
Help cultivate a fantastic dining experience for residents while
working with a fun team!
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to
become a Culinary Server at Beacon Hill, a CCRC community located
in Lombard, IL. The shift that we are currently seeking is
full-time, 11am - 7:30pm (5 varied days per week).
The Culinary Server serves meals and beverages to residents and
guests of the culinary venues, catered functions, and special
events. The Culinary Server assists in creating an extraordinary
culinary experience for residents and guests.
A few other details about the role:
- Greet residents and guests in a professional, courteous and
- Accurately take resident and guest orders, entering menu
selections into a point-of-sale or similar tracking electronic
- Serve meals and beverages in a prompt and professional
- Fill room service menu orders and expedite delivery and ensure
all room service trays are retrieved at conclusion of dining
- Clear tables during and after residents and guests have
- Arrange table settings appropriately and efficiently.
- Stock pantry areas with adequate supplies, complete assigned
side jobs and perform thorough cleaning of the culinary
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules,
and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company
policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living
Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies
and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion,
dedication, team work and quality.
- Team member will support, actively participate and act in
accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service
culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service
pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and
And here's what you need to apply:
- No educational requirement. Must have ability to perform basic
arithmetic, understand measurements and follow written and oral
- No experience required. A willingness to learn is needed.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform
job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors
and team members.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just
the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the
support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life
and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is
one of the nation's largest senior living provider of non-profit
retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over
$340 million and employs over 3,800 team members. Lifespace
Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help
create exceptional, financially sound communities where people
could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The
organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating
communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves
over 5,100 residents.
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
- Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, Florida
- Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, Florida
- Beacon Hill - Lombard, Illinois
- Claridge Court - Prairie Village, Kansas
- Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, Iowa
- Edgemere - Dallas, Texas
- Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, Minnesota
- Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire,
- Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, Nebraska
- Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, Florida
- Oak Trace - Downers Grove, Illinois
- Querencia at Barton Creek - Austin, Texas
- The Stayton - Fort Worth, Texas
- Village On The Green - Longwood, Florida
- The Waterford - Juno Beach, Florida
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose
your language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please
choose your language: English - Spanish - Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement,
please click the link: English
To see other positions, click here.