Company: Vitas Healthcare
Posted on: June 8, 2021
- Process new referrals that arrive by telephone, email, fax and
website inquiries, in the manner best fitting the needs of the
- Responsible for routine follow up on multiple lists of pending
patient charts daily.
- Enter accurate information to support data integrity and
- Verify Medicare and Medicaid hospice benefits.
- Notify Managed Care Department of commercial insurances and
managed health care plans.
- Notify the Marketing Representatives of each new referral
outside of the working hours the Program Scheduler, 8pm-8am local
time and weekends.
- Call patients and families and offer a same day appointment to
ensure a timely admission.
- Seek assistance of the Program Scheduler to determine
appropriate staffing and coverage for appointment needs during the
hours of 8am-8pm local time, Monday through Friday.
- Explain hospice benefits and services to patients and families
- Assign appointments to VITAS Admissions Representatives and
provide them with appointment report outside of the hours the
Program Scheduler is working, 8pm-8am local time and weekends.
- Complete admission consent paperwork as needed.
- Update referral sources on the status of their referred
patients when appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal
and external customers.
- Take report from VITAS Admissions Representatives and
accurately document the outcome.
- Verify discharge plans and facilitate the delivery of Home
Medical Equipment prior to discharge.
- Supports coworkers and encourages a sense of teamwork amongst
- Provide training and mentoring to new team members as
- Other duties and special projects as determined by the
department supervisor or director.
- Participate in morning check in meeting with the Program
Scheduler to review staffing/scheduling needs for the day.
- Will support the VITAS Mission, Core Values, and Care
Connection Center cultural platforms at all times.
- Two or more years related experience in medical terminology
and/or in a call center environment
- Ability to attain goals in a fast-paced, dynamic
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in
establishing and maintaining strong partnering relationships with
internal and external callers
- Superior ability to effectively communicate at all levels of
the customer interaction to include both verbally and in writing to
provide a concierge level of service
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the
ability to navigate within an automated systems and a variety of
software packages, and type minimum 45 wpm
- Prior experience in working collaboratively with other
functional leaders to drive action plans.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple
responsibilities and work on various assignments
- Model positive behaviors that are focused on supporting:
integrity, valuing diversity, innovation, building relationships,
customer focus and teamwork.
- Ability to communicate tactfully with department heads,
managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as necessary to support
the operations of the Care Connection Center.
- Ability to type at least 40 WPM
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency
- Medical or business office education or training desired
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
Keywords: Vitas Healthcare, Lombard , Coordinator Admissions, Other , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!