Account Associate - Customer Retention and Inside Sales
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
The Account Associate (IAM - TEAM) generates shareholder value
by using a consultative retention based selling approach for
Small/Medium commercial Waste Management customers as part of a
team-based queue. The IAM - TEAM manages existing business
relationships focused on achieving budgeted retention goals by
developing and implementing sound retention strategies, utilizing
strong negotiation efforts to preserve business, and securing and
updating contract agreements from WM customers as well as growing
revenues from existing customers. The role of the IAM - TEAM is to
maintain a net positive business performance in the commercial
space through proactive outreach, account retention and revenue
protection efforts to maintain a mutually beneficial alignment
between the customer and WM's growth goals.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: One (1) year of business-to-business account
management experience at a proficient level (in addition to
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to effectively convert customer cancellation requests
into long term relationships
- Ability to effectively build relationships across a wide
variety of business types
- Ability to multi-task and perform computer duties across
multiple screens while on phone with customers addressing issues or
concerns in a professional tone and temperament
- Proficient in time management and in computer skills - Word,
Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Positive attitude that enjoys assisting and providing solutions
- High impact communication in written and verbal manner
- Ability to adapt to change and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Ability to utilize sound business practices
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
30 pounds rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a
competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a
Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees
also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please
note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking
for, please click "Apply.