Associate General Counsel – Safety and Claims
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Overview: The Associate General Counsel - Safety and Claims
provides legal support for all aspects of the Company's safety and
regulatory matters as well as supervises the Company's auto and
general liability claims related litigation portfolio.
Qualifications: Education, Licensing, and
- Provide legal advice and counseling on all aspects of the
Company's safety and regulatory matters including Department of
Transportation (DOT) and related state laws.
- Support Safety and Operational teams to ensure Transdev
maintains best in class safety and regulatory policies, programs
- Responsible for alerts and handling of all major safety
- Primary responsibility for Company's Auto and General Liability
claims litigation portfolio including outside counsel selection and
management; provide strategic oversight of all litigation including
attending depositions, trials, mediations and settlement
- Support the Company's Risk Management team in the management of
claims third party administrator's performance.
- Work in partnership with Company's Finance and Insurance teams
to manage coverage program, assess proper case reserves and related
- Analyze safety and claims data to identify trends.
- Provide safety, investigation and claim related counsel to the
field; conduct field safety training.
- Bachelor's Degree and JD from accredited law school with
admission to one or more state bar (Illinois preferred).
- 6-8 years of legal experience including general casualty
- Law firm experience highly preferred. In-house experience
managing a national liability claims program preferred.
- Workers' compensation experience a plus.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Demonstrated independent management of significant claims
litigation portfolio including direct management of outside
- Experience managing a national, commercial liability claims
- Transportation and related safety and regulatory experience
- Inhouse client counseling experience preferred, including
interaction with C-suite.
- Superior analytical skills and judgment required.
- Can responsively prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast
paced, dynamic and time sensitive environment.
- Self-directed individual with ability to work independently yet
also work collaboratively with legal team as well as with a highly
matrixed internal client base.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complicated legal and
business issues into practical and effective guidance.
- High degree of integrity and intellectual curiosity.
- Attention to detail and high level of responsiveness
Travel requirement outside of immediate area:
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
For more information please visit our website at
Keywords: Transdevna, Lombard , Associate General Counsel – Safety and Claims, Other , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!