Company: Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Like most great ideas, Rock Bottom started out as a simple
thought: create the best place for friends to share a beer and a
bite. Fast forward twenty plus years and you will find Rock Bottom
in over 25 locations across the US, over 700 original brews and
more than 125 industry awards.
The Rock Bottom vision starts with a great team. We help our
restaurants see this vision by empowering our people to take care
of their Guests, while having fun and producing a made-from-scratch
In this role, you will manage the brewery and brews beers to
company specifications of quality and variety. You will operate the
brewery to company standards of safety and cleanliness as well as
promoting beer sales as part of the management team through
education and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train and supervise assistant brewers
- Adhere to all safety procedures and policies.
- Maintain brewery, state and federal compliance, inventory and
brew sheet paperwork.
- Schedule work while maintaining budgeted labor costs on a
- Attend management meetings to update restaurant managers on
brewery issues on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for all purchasing & accounting for brewery;
monitor brewery budget.
- Provide weekly product forecast.
- Evaluate and monitor beer and raw materials involved in
- Brew original beers according to demographics and promotional
- Operate brew equipment to maintain acceptable inventory of raw
materials and beer.
- Supervise cleanliness & sanitation of all equipment, tanks and
work areas to maintain consistent beer quality.
- Maintain fundamental knowledge of plumbing and machinery
- Beer brewed according to Rock Bottom brand standards and
philosophy, as need dictates.
- Train assistant brewers to become head brewers and/or work at a
level consistent with brewery production.
- Conduct on-going research into industry trends, technical
parameters and local market specialties to ensure product offerings
- Train & test staff in beer knowledge at daily sales
- Participate in beer dinners and festivals, guest relations and
marketing, promotions and charitable events.
- Design and conduct brewery tours.
- Participate in guild affiliations.
- Partner with offsite accounts (if applicable).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Fundamental knowledge of plumbing and machinery
- Possess basic beer knowledge and good sense of smell,
distinguishing flavors and colors in beer.
- Ability to work and communicate well with staff, customers and
- Knowledge of Microsoft office & other computer programs.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to problem solve and gain assistance as needed.
- Capable of speaking in front of small groups of people as an
Education & Experience:
- 3+ years of brewing experience in microbrewery.
- Education at an accredited brewing school preferred.
- Experience in Cask-conditioning of ales.
- 50% Lift 55 lbs. from ground to shoulder high.
- 25% Lift 110 lbs. from ground to waist high and moving 150 lbs.
along the floor.
- 15% Climb stairs, ramps, and ladders up to or exceeding 20
times per day.
- 10% Work in small and confined spaces.
- 10% Read, write and calculate basic algebra.
We can offer you:
- Career Growth & Advancement Opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits including medical, dental, vision,
disability and life insurance plus other voluntary benefits
- Bonus Opportunities dependent on restaurant financial
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program & More
We are an EOE / E-Verify Employer
Keywords: Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery, Lombard , Head Brewer, Other , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!