Don't just live life.love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to
create memories for our residents!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by
our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in
your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create
your own lasting impression.
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to
become a Housekeeper at Beacon Hill, a CCRC community located in
Lombard, IL. The shift that we are currently seeking is full time,
3:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
The Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining clean and
sanitary conditions in assigned areas, such as resident homes,
common areas, dining room and other locations in the community. The
Housekeeper performs cleaning duties adhering to approved
department cleaning procedures.
A few other details about the role:
- Clean assigned resident homes and common community areas to
include cleaning and disinfecting washrooms, cleaning floors and
- Deliver appropriate care of residents' belongings for purposes
of cleaning, organizing and storing.
- Execute timely cleaning duties when a resident has been
transferred, discharged or moves out, and prepare rooms quickly and
efficiently for new occupant.
- Maintain an organized and stocked work cart at all times while
ensuring that chemicals are properly labeled and stored and the
work cart is locked when in common areas or while unattended.
- Follow cleaning practices for isolation rooms using appropriate
infection control and isolation guidelines as indicated by
department cleaning procedures.
- Initiate request for supplies and equipment needs to
supervisor, as well as confirm chemicals are labeled and stored
- Assist other departments with cleaning and other housekeeping
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules,
and regulations; maintain knowledge of and follows all company
policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living
Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies
and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion,
dedication, teamwork and quality.
- Team member will support, actively participate and act in
accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service
culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service
pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and
And here's what you need to apply:
- No educational requirement. Must have ability to perform basic
arithmetic, understand measurements and follow written and oral
- No experience required. A willingness to learn is needed.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform
job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors
and team members.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just
the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the
support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life
and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is
one of the nation's largest senior living provider of non-profit
retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over
$340 million and employs over 3,800 team members. Lifespace
Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help
create exceptional, financially sound communities where people
could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The
organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating
communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves
over 5,100 residents.
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
- Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, Florida
- Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, Florida
- Beacon Hill - Lombard, Illinois
- Claridge Court - Prairie Village, Kansas
- Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, Iowa
- Edgemere - Dallas, Texas
- Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, Minnesota
- Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire,
- Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, Nebraska
- Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, Florida
- Oak Trace - Downers Grove, Illinois
- Querencia at Barton Creek - Austin, Texas
- The Stayton - Fort Worth, Texas
- Village On The Green - Longwood, Florida
- The Waterford - Juno Beach, Florida
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose
your language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please
choose your language: English - Spanish - Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement,
please click the link: English
To see other positions, click here.