System Software Developer / Engineer
Company: Fox Rehabilitation
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband
connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and
data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government
markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich
media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines,
private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts,
ferries, enterprise, government and military installations
worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and
exclusive access to premium media. With 1,300 employees on six
continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the
company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its
customers. The position will support the Aviation-IFE(in-flight
entertainment) arm of Global Eagle. The focus is on the air-side
operations as well as emulating air-operations in the home lab for
dev/test. The software development domains include systems-software
development for backend-infrastructure, direct interfacing
development to the airborne hardware units, mini-server operating
system support as well as dev-ops for clean deployment management.
What You Will Be Doing
- Maintain/extend/re-factor code-base of airborne
- Maintain/extend system-test regimes.
- Integrate new units in to code base while supporting existing,
similar function units.
- Coordinate with colleagues such as managers, system architects,
and designers during integration of new units. Education--&
- BS: CS/CE/EE or equivalent work experience
- 3-5--yrs as a software developer in industry, post
higher-education (and internship(s) Skills
- Significant software development experience in the areas
of:--object oriented, data abstractions, communication
- Significant software development on Unix(Linux) based platforms
[software builds that are developed within and--operate on a
- Strong level of facility with Python language and its
ecosystem.--If other language(s) are your strength with regards to
exploiting their--full facility and ecosystem, then this will be
considered as--sufficiently equivalent.
- Strong understanding and practical experience with osi
layer1,layer2 (layer3 is a bonus)
- Strong level of facility with GIT is beneficial.
- Comfortable in an Agile software development (includes critical
review of your work within collaborative culture) Bonus:
- Experience of building a linux kernel from source with
tailoring of enable/disable--of features/kernel-modules.
- Experience of building existing opensource applications from
source and--manipulating make/config support.
- Experience with messaging libraries such as ZeroMQ (and/or
- Understanding of Networking concepts within layer/3--[TCP/IP
socket comm, Vlan]
- Demonstrated appreciation of software craft (style,
organization, use of idioms).
- Automation tools such as: Jenkins, Ansible, Kubernetes--
- Understanding of web services: Apache, DNS, DHCP--
- Familiar with packet capture tools and analyzing network
traffic such as tshark Our Core Values
- Communicate and Connect
- Deliver Excellence and Own it
- Operate as ONE
- Learn and Embrace Change Why You Should Work Here A career with
Global Eagle is a unique opportunity to grow your knowledge and
skills within a culture that thrives on collaboration and
innovation. In addition to being a part of an amazing group, we
also have competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision,
paid time off, 401k, disability and life insurance, flexible
scheduling, pet insurance, and discounts on gym membership,
concerts, amusement parks, hotels, and more! Global Eagle is an
equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. Due to COVID, our
interviews are now done in a safe environment using online
platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams. Please note: Only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Keywords: Fox Rehabilitation, Lombard , System Software Developer / Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!