Director Human Resources Operations
Company: Viskase Companies, Inc.
Posted on: March 19, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:We are looking for a
Director of Human Resources Operations to lead the HR function
across the Company's ten manufacturing locations worldwide. This
position will be responsible for executing organizational and
people strategies to support operations objectives and drive cost
performance and productivity improvement.Manages the plant HR
managers and oversees the HR function at the Company's plants in
the U.S., Europe, Mexico, Brazil, and the Philippines.
- Drive successful recruitment of manufacturing talent, and
improvement in employee engagement and retention.
- Works with Viskase corporate HR to ensures that compensation
and benefits programs support overall Company business strategy and
are commensurate with individual markets.
- Develops strategies and programs to improve working
relationships, build morale, and improve Viskase status as a
desirable employer in our operating markets and thus our access to
- Maintains extensive knowledge of domestic and international HR
policies, programs, and legislation.
- Ensures compliance with European social plans and interfaces
with works councils where applicable.Partners with plant management
to ensure alignment with Company operational and financial strategy
- Translates the Company's strategic business plans into HR
strategic and tactical operational plans.
- Identifies and drives resolution of organizational barriers to
success (structure, competency, culture, communication, alignment,
etc.)Leads collective bargaining efforts at unionized facilities
and ensure effective contract management.Drives excellence and
standardization of programs across manufacturing plants to leverage
best practices in onboarding, training and development,
documentation, succession planning, employee development, rewards,
- Establishes HR leader standard work in plants and hold managers
- Leads talent assessment and organizational development across
the manufacturing network, utilizing a common
toolkit.EducationBachelors of Human Resources, Business
Administration, or related (required)Experience
- 10 years of relevant HR experience
- 5 Years of HR leadership in Manufacturing Industry.
- 2-3 years' Experience working in an international HR role.
- 2+ years Union negotiation experience (required)Knowledge,
Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of European labor laws, practices, social
- Knowledge of Labor contract negotiation, implementation, and
- Local to the Chicagoland area (preferred)
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time. (Including
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize time-sensitive issues.
- Ability to lead, direct, and motivate a team.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, and team
around the world, to create a result driven environment in which
each team member is held accountable for results.
- Strong attention to detail
- Possesses high ethical standards.
- Demonstrated success in applying independent judgment.
- Strong and effective verbal, written and interpersonal
communication skills. Viskase Companies Inc. provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
QualificationsSkillsRequired Advanced Judgment/Decision Making
Advanced Leadership Advanced BehaviorsRequiredDetail Oriented:
Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to
get the task done well Innovative: Consistently introduces new
ideas and demonstrates original thinking Leader: Inspires teammates
to follow them MotivationsRequiredGoal Completion: Inspired to
perform well by the completion of tasks Ability to Make an Impact:
Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the
success of a project or the organization EducationRequiredBachelors
or better in Human Resource Administration or related
field.ExperienceRequired2 years: Union negotiation Experience 2-3
years: International HR 5 years: HR Leadership in Manufacturing 10
years: Human Resources Experience Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Viskase Companies, Inc., Lombard , Director Human Resources Operations, Human Resources , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...