Store Manager - Zales - Yorktown Center
Company: Signet Jewelers
Posted on: September 19, 2022
We have many opportunities available on our other career site
pages. Click here (https://www.signetjewelers.com/careers/) to link
to our careers page! You are a diamond and Zales celebrates that
fact! We recognize that every one of our jewelry consultants has a
unique sparkle, and we find ways to empower them to help our
customers Celebrate Life and Express Love. Zales is part of Signet
Jewelers, a purpose-driven company who believes love inspires love.
Signet is also Great Place to Work-Certified. There are brilliant
career paths awaiting you rewarding opportunities to impact the
lives of others and inspire love. Join us! STORE MANAGERTitle:
Store Manager Reports To: District Manager Reporting to this
Position: Assistant Store Manager, Jewelry Consultant, Sales
Support and Inventory ControlBasic Function:Direct the daily
operation of assigned Store to achieve sales and profit through
leadership and training in accordance with Company standards,
policies, systems, and procedures.Minimum Requirements:
- Completion of Information Security Awareness Quiz with a
- Completion of Safety First Quiz (Akron-Based Team Members) or
the 2016 Key Safety Curriculum (Dallas-Based Team Members) with a
- No Code of Conduct written counseling within the past six
- Met all expectations (Akron-based Team Members) or Achieved
Requirements (Dallas-based Team Members) on last Performance
- Completion of Minimum Training Requirements training module and
completion of the Minimum Training Requirements Quiz, with a
passing score, which are located on the Signet Learning
- Attains sales and profit projections as set by the Company.
Maximizes the sales and standards performance of all Team Members.
Leads by example by exceeding Company performance standards,
including special events and promotions for self and Store.
- Strictly adheres to and enforces all Company policies and
procedures in support of the Companys business objectives,
Corporate Mission Statement, Guest first philosophy and full
compliance of systems.
- The position is responsible for monitoring GEI performance
within the assigned Store to make certain effective implementation
of the Corporate initiative.
- The position is required to cultivate and maintain productive
relationships at all levels, making certain there is an atmosphere
of teamwork and cooperation.
- This position has the daily responsibility for the operation,
staffing, recruiting, succession planning and sales leadership
within the assigned Store. Consistently recruits and hires Team
Members through effective interviewing and screening.
- Responsible for maintaining the following work schedule:
Minimum of 48 hours per week, Store hours on Friday, minimum of
three nights per week, Saturday until 5:00 p.m., minimum of every
other Sunday, Store hours during special events and key selling
times of the year or as business needs require.
- Establishes a positive, professional results oriented work
atmosphere. Conducts himself/herself in a manner that will
influence and earn the respect of Team Members and management.
Maintains a neat, professional appearance in keeping with the
established Dress Code Policy.
- Maintains open lines of communication with Team Members and
management. Encourages Team Members to participate and offer
- Contributes to an environment of total Guest satisfaction by
making the Guests needs a first priority.
- Strictly adheres to and enforces all Company policies and
- Effectively delegates assignments and follows up to verify
completion. Provides assistance and training as necessary.
- Maintains the neatness and cleanliness of the sales floor,
office, windows and storage areas.
- Recruits and selects Team Members to Company standards and
guidelines. Matches individual abilities to the position
- Embraces and implements all Company selling tools and
technology as outlined by the Companys current and future strategy.
Provides expert knowledge regarding quality, value, warranties and
- Follow all Company policies and guidelines through the hiring
process, including applications, employment surveys and
- Strictly enforces all corporate Time Records policies.
- Maintains daily focus among all Team Members on performance
- Fosters an environment of recognizing and developing Team
Members through regular and consistent one-on-ones.
- Monitors the completion of all training programs assigned to
Team Members in the Signet Learning Portal.
- Evaluates Team Member performance to determine progress and
identify developmental needs. Counsels and assists Team Members to
instill the highest standards of effort and output.
- Conducts regular Store meetings in an effort to keep Team
Members well informed about Company policies and procedures.
Advises Team Members of all upcoming special events (i.e.
promotional events, diamond events, etc.) and promotions. Executes
the necessary planning and preparation to guarantee the success of
- Conducts special event meetings and trains Team Members to
achieve special event goals.
- Knows and trains all Team Members on features and benefits of
the merchandise, providing expert knowledge regarding quality,
value, warranties and services. Utilizes Store technology as a
- Required to attend annual Managers Leadership
- Achieves profit goals as determined by the Company by
controlling markdowns, expenses, payroll and Design & Service
- Oversees the sales floor, office and inventory functions.
Reviews and signs off on all documents and reports being utilized
by these areas. This includes, but is not limited to, Merchandise
Piece Counts, Deposits and call logs.
- Monitors the saleability of the merchandise (i.e. ticketed
properly, clean and properly displayed). Maintains a high level of
security as defined in the Loss Prevention Security Manual at all
- Effectively delegates assignments and responsibilities to Team
Members and closely supervises their completion. Provides
assistance and training as necessary.
- Advises District Manager of merchandise requirements and
excesses. Compiles and follows up on Guest requests. Also advises
management of practices and activities of competitive
- Responds promptly and accurately to all management directives,
requests for merchandise transfers, inventories and requests for
information. Strictly adheres to Company guidelines pertaining to
- Follows Company guidelines regarding window and showcase
displays as outlined in the Visual Selling System and Promotion
Books/Sign Changes. Advises management of Guest comments and
responses to advertising programs.
- Makes certain all credit applications are verified and that
credit guidelines and policies are adhered to.
- Keeps management informed of the marketing, merchandising and
credit programs of competitors within the area.
- Maintains high level of Guest service and followup while
- Coordinates Guest calling efforts by Store Team Members
adhering to corporate policies.
- Follows and enforces the Signet Social Media Policy.
- Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an
essential function of this job.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Required Skills and
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalis m t o Guests an
d Team Member s b y displa y in g integrit y an d hones t y a t al
l times , an d b y enforcing an d adherin g t o Compan y polic y a
s define d b y Signet i n variou s manuals an d i n th e Cod e o f
- Abilit y t o achiev e outstandin g sale s performanc e an d t o
lea d an d trai n by example.
- Display a positiv e an d enthusia s t i c attitud e s o a s t o
inspir e an d motive other s t o achiev e an d attai n goal s
- Excellent planning, organizational, delegation and follow-up
- Abilit y t o wor k independentl y wi t hou t immediat e supe r
- Ability to accept responsibility and meet deadlines.
- Abilit y t o effectivel y pla n an d organiz e th e dutie s o f
- Abilit y t o se t priorities.
- Display a professional approach and image.
- Abilit y t o understan d an d thoroughl y explai n detaile d
- Willingness and ability to effectively provide positive and
constructive feedback as needed and communicate praise and
constructive feedback as needed.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Ability to communicate, understand and empathize with
- Willingness and ability to accept responsibility, to make
decisions and to delegate when appropriate.
- Ability to motivate, persuade and influence the actions of
- Ability and willingness to apply the personal effort and time
necessary to attain goals and objectives.Signet Jewelers is an
equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity of all
levels of employees. Please know that while we appreciate every
applicant's interest, we can only contact those selected for
further consideration.Signet maintains an online registry system to
encourage all interested employees to apply for careers in the
management positions listed in this registry, and to ensure equal
opportunities for advancement to all Signet employees. We
particularly encourage women and minorities who are interested in
management opportunities at Signet to participate in this program
and use this online registry system to express your interest in a
management position. Registration in this online system does not
guarantee a promotion, but is necessary for consideration for any
promotional opportunity to a management position listed in this
registry.Note: For internal candidates, please complete your
Professional Profile in Workday by clicking on your picture or the
cloud then select Job and Professional Profile. Enter your entire
job history, education, skills and internal projects. To add your
Military Service and tenure, select Personal and click Edit. Don't
forget, w e have many opportunities available on our other career
site pages. Click here (https://www.signetjewelers.com/careers/) to
link to our careers page!
Keywords: Signet Jewelers, Lombard , Store Manager - Zales - Yorktown Center, Hospitality & Tourism , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!