General Manager - Jared - Fountain Square of Lombard
Company: Signet Jewelers Limited
Posted on: January 9, 2022
General Manager - Jared - Fountain Square of Lombard Jared The
Galleria of Jewelry - Fountain Square Of Lombard - Lombard, IL We
have many opportunities available on our other career site pages.
Click here to link to our careers page! At Jared, we know that
jewelry is more than a ring or pendant no matter how sparkling and
brilliant. Which is why we empower every one of our jewelry
consultants with the innovation, training and resources to help our
customers Celebrate Life and Express Love in new and engaging ways.
Jared is part of Signet Jewelers, a purpose-driven company who
believes love inspires love. Signet is also "Great Place to
Work-Certified"---. There are brilliant career paths awaiting you -
rewarding opportunities to impact the lives of others and inspire
love. Join us! JARED GENERAL MANAGER Title: -Jared General Manager
Reports To: District Manager Reporting to this Position: Assistant
Store Manager, Jewelry Consultant, Sales Support and Inventory
Control Associate Basic Function: Direct the daily operation of
assigned Store to achieve sales and profit through leadership and
training in accordance with Company standards, policies, systems,
- Completion of Information Security Privacy Awareness Quiz with
- Completion of Safety First Quiz (Akron-Based Team Members) or
the 2016 Safety Curriculum (Dallas-Based Team Members with a
- No Code of Conduct written counseling within the past six
- Meets all expectations (Akron-based Team Members) or Achieved
Requirements (Dallas-based Team Members) on last Performance
- Completion of Minimum Training Requirements training module
(Found on Signet Learning Portal) and completion of the Minimum
Training Requirements Quiz with a passing score Responsibilities:
- Attains sales and profit projections as set by the Company.
Maximizes the sales potential of all Team Members.
- Maintains daily focus among all associates on standards
- Contributes to an environment of total customer satisfaction by
making the customer's needs the first priority.
- Achieves profit goals as determined by the Company by
controlling markdowns, expenses, and payroll.
- Develops the skills and product knowledge of Team Members by
training. Conducts training meetings and role plays as required by
- Evaluates Team Member's performance to determine progress to
identify developmental needs. Counsels and assists Team Members to
assure the highest standards of efforts and output.
- Consistently monitors the flow of customers at each counter and
identifies when to shift personnel from one department to another
to provide superior customer service.
- Maintains a high level of customer service and follow-up.
- Establishes a positive, professional work atmosphere to inspire
and motivate others to achieve store goals. Encourages and promotes
a cooperative, team spirited work atmosphere among all Team
- Acts in a manner that will influence and earn the respect of
Team Members and management.
- Effectively delegates assignments and responsibilities to Team
Members and closely supervises their completion. Provides
assistance and training as necessary.
- Carefully prepares work schedules for all departments and
assigns Team Members to specific duties.
- Maintains open lines of communication with Team Members and
management. Encourages Team Members to participate and offer
- Consistently recruits and hires personnel through effective
interviewing and screening.
- Monitors the saleability of merchandise by spot checking cases
and displays for proper tickets that are clean and legible. Also
ensures that merchandise is properly displayed.
- Oversees the sales floor, office and inventory functions.
Reviews and signs off on all documents and reports being utilized
by these areas. This includes Transfer Detail Reports, Merchandise
Piece Counts, Deposits and all logs.
- Follows Company guidelines regarding showcase displays and
advertising promotions. Advises management of customer response and
comments regarding all promotions.
- Knows and trains all Team Members on features and benefits of
the merchandise. Provides expert knowledge regarding quality,
value, warranties and services. Completes Diamontology and GIA
- Responds promptly and accurately to all management directives,
requests for merchandise transfers, inventories and requests for
information. Strictly adheres to Company guidelines pertaining to
- Advises management of merchandise requirements and excesses.
Compiles and reports customer requests. Also informs management of
practices and activities of competitive companies.
- Strictly adheres to all Company policies and procedures,
including security and credit policies.
- Conducts regular store meetings to keep all Team Members well
informed about Company policies and procedures. Advises Team
Members of all upcoming special events, promotions and ensures the
implementation of necessary preparations to assure the success of
- Maintains the neatness and cleanliness of the sales floor,
office, outside areas and storage areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned Required Skills and
- Excellent planning, organizational, delegation and follow-up
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently without immediate
- Professional approach and image.
- Excellent floor awareness to provide superior customer
- Ability to accept responsibility and meet deadlines.
- Ability to train and explain detailed information.
- Displays a positive and enthusiastic attitude so as to inspire
and motivate others to achieve -and attain goals.
- Tactful, friendly in dealing with others; team spirited work
- Reliable and dependable.
- Ability to motivate, persuade and influence the actions of
- Willingness to apply the personal effort and time necessary to
attain goals and objectives. Work Schedule:
- Minimum of forty-eight (48) hours per week.
- Store hours on Friday.
- Minimum three (3) nights per week.
- Saturday until 5:00 p.m. minimum.
- Minimum of every other Sunday.
- Store hours during special events and key selling times of the
year to attain goals and objectives. Signet Jewelers is an equal
opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity of all levels
of employees. Please know that while we appreciate every
applicant's interest, we can only contact those selected for
further consideration. Signet maintains an online registry system
to encourage all interested employees to apply for careers in the
management positions listed in this registry, and to ensure equal
opportunities for advancement to all Signet employees. We
particularly encourage women and minorities who are interested in
management opportunities at Signet to participate in this program
and use this online registry system to express your interest in a
management position. Registration in this online system does not
guarantee a promotion, but is necessary for consideration for any
promotional opportunity to a management position listed in this
registry. Note: For internal candidates, please complete your
Professional Profile in Workday by clicking on your picture or the
cloud then select "Job" and "Professional Profile". Enter your
entire job history, education, skills and internal projects. To add
your Military Service and tenure, select "Personal" and click
"Edit." Don't forget, w e have many opportunities available on our
other career site pages. Click here to link to our careers page! At
Signet, we realize we're not just in the jewelry business - we're
in the relationship business. The diamonds and unique jewelry we
sell are symbols of undeniable love and self-expression. They help
inspire love and foster the kind of world we all want to live in.
We're always looking for those rare gems who want to be a part of
our purpose. We value our team members and empower them to play
trusted roles in a highly personal and emotional customer
experience. Maybe you have that sparkle. Signet Jewelers is Great
Place to Work-Certified---. We promote diversity at every level,
value the differences between people and foster an environment of
opportunity and acceptance for every Team Member in every facet of
Keywords: Signet Jewelers Limited, Lombard , General Manager - Jared - Fountain Square of Lombard, Hospitality & Tourism , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!