Registered Nurse - Hospice .6
Company: Advocate Health Care
Posted on: January 26, 2023
REGISTERED NURSE - HOSPICE
LOCATION: SOUTH CITY/SUBURBS (Regular travel to home office in
Lombard is not required.)
HOURS: PART TIME.6
This position is eligible for up to a $5,000.00 sign on bonus! You
must be working in this same position at time of payout. Current
internal team members are not eligible at this time.
- Must be able to work one summer and one winter holiday
- Must be able to rotate on an on call schedule
- PART TIME
JOB and UNIT SUMMARY:
Advocate At Home, a division of Advocate Health Care, is the
largest home health and hospice services in Illinois. The Hospice
Registered Nurse will provide Hospice services and establish strong
relationships with patients, families and caregivers. All medical
needs will be coordinated by the RN who is case managing the
patient and utilizing the resources of the team, (i.e. social
worker, CNA, MD, etc.) The Hospice Registered Nurse assumes primary
responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation, and
evaluation of nursing care for assigned patients. Hospice is a
program designed specifically for people who have chosen to change
the plan of care for terminal illness from aggressive medical
treatment to palliative care.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will manage pain and symptoms so
patients can make the most of every day, focusing on living well
and with dignity.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will provide compassionate care to
patients and their family members at end of life.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will make every day count for
patients, families and care givers.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will document and connect with the
care team thru point of care documentation.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will be required to make visits to
private residences which may not be accessible to people with
THE ADVOCATE HOSPICE NURSE:
- Nurse/Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a
therapeutic relationship through the health care continuum
- Responsible for documentation and communication of care,
medication and observations made during care of patient in order to
track responsiveness and health of patient.
- Responsible for providing appropriate patient/family education
to help patient/family achieve a pain free and comfortable
- Assuring/Improving Quality Care: Facilitates the patient and
family's right to receive quality, cost effective care.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- One year of medical surgical experience in an acute or subacute
- Current Illinois RN license
- Current CPR
- Earn 10.0 continuing education credits annually
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient
lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with
the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with
at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient
lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case
basis. Ability to assist with ambulation including turning and
transferring patients up to 200 pounds.
Join our Talent Network
Nursing at Advocate Aurora
Jobs like this
- Labor and Delivery Nurse 0.9 7p-7a Good Samaritan Hospital
Downers Grove, IL
- Registered Nurse AMG, Endocrinology, Full time (Park Ridge)
Park Ridge, IL
- Registered Nurse - Ob/Mother Baby .9 7p
Oak Lawn, IL
- Oncology Infusion Nurse 1.0 days
Oak Lawn, IL
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion
every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the
differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us
unique - from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities
and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our
differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions
- for our team members, consumers and communities. And because
health care is built upon relationships, it's important for the
people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we
create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our
team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team
member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow
in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best
possible patient care.
Keywords: Advocate Health Care, Lombard , Registered Nurse - Hospice .6, Healthcare , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!