Physical Therapist - Home Health-Western Suburbs
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
PHYSICAL THERAPIST HOME HEALTHLOCATION: WESTERN SUBURBSHOURS:
DAYSThis position is also eligible for a $10,000.00 sign on bonus
with 50% payable upon hire and 50% payable at 1year and subject to
all taxes! You must be employed in the exact position at time of
payout. Internal team members are not eligible for this sign on
bonus at this time. Position Highlights:Physical Therapists working
with Advocate at Home enjoy having their own enterprise with a
backing of a reputable, stable, and values driven organization. As
part of a dynamic clinical team within Advocate's vast integrated
health care organization, home health offers the therapist the
opportunity to work independently to assess and address the
mobility, safety, communication and equipment needs of our
patients. As case managers, our therapists are able to establish
strong relationships with patients and families and consult with
physicians and other health care providers as necessary.What you
- Licensed Physical Therapist in the State of Illinois (or
eligible for licensure).
- Completed 1 year of Physical Therapy clinical experience or
demonstration of strong spectrum of Physical Therapy clinical
- Proficient use of all home based therapy equipment and
assistive devices, (balls, bands, weights, Hoyer lifts, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of computer use (i.e. Microsoft Word, email
access and use). Ability to learn to use computer based scheduling
and documentation system.
- Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and through
written reports, with strong documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, time management and
self-organization skills.What you will do:
- Ability to travel extensively within geographical boundaries in
all extremes of weather.
- Works rotating weekends and holidays. Requires adherence to
scheduled days and hours of work based on commitment to
patient/client and work load assigned. Attends mandatory
- Requires full range of body motion including:a. Bending,
sitting and standing.b. Climbing stairs while carrying objects.c.
Pulling, pushing, reaching, carrying and lifting (must be able to
lift/carry at minimum 25 pounds).d. Assisting and maintaining
patient's safety with ambulation on flat surfaces and stairs and
transferring patients using standard pivot transfers or with use of
transfer board of Hoyer lift.e. Provide treatment on standard beds
in the home environment. This requirement supersedes any previous
lifting requirement effective 08/01/2014. Ability to lift up to 35
pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or
when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling
equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other
associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement
situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates physical therapy
treatment programs established for the home care patient.
Facilitates the progression of the patient in their home toward
optimal levels of self-care.Accountabilities:
- Assures and Improves Quality of Care: Facilitates the patient
and family's right to receive quality cost-effective care following
Advocate's MVP of Stewardship.
- Care and Service Coordination: Practices as an effective member
of the patient care team to formulate an integrated approach to
care following Advocate's MVP of Partnership.
- Leadership/Collaboration/Professional Development: Demonstrates
respect and understanding for peers and other clinical disciplines
and participates as an effective member of the patient care team to
formulate an integrated approach to care following the Advocate MVP
- Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a restorative
relationship throughout the healthcare continuum, following
Advocate's MVP of Compassion.
- Business Development and Growth: Demonstrates behaviors that
enhance productivity and an understanding of financial and economic
conditions in the health care environment.Patient Education:
Demonstrates a commitment to meet the learning needs of patients
and their families.
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Lombard , Physical Therapist - Home Health-Western Suburbs, Healthcare , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!