Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Lifespace Communities, Inc.
Posted on: June 22, 2022
PRN Available Don't just live life....love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to
create memories for our residents! If you are a compassionate Nurse
who has the heart for providing exceptional care and and you have
the desire to create memorable experiences for our seniors, we want
to talk to you!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our
passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your
career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own
lasting impression. Beacon Hill Center 2400 South Finley Road
Lombard, IL 60148 Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the
opportunity to become a Licensed Practical Nurse.
The Licensed Nurse is responsible for rendering nursing care in
assigned area in terms of individualized resident needs, according
to dependent and independent nursing functions and conformance with
recognized nursing techniques, procedures, and established
standards based on the scope of practical nursing. A few other
details about the role:
- Participate with members of the interdisciplinary team to
review, plan, coordinate and evaluate resident's care.
- Document the resident condition and nursing needs accurately
and in a timely manner. Reports pertinent observations and
reactions regarding residents in a timely manner.
- Develop, direct and monitor nursing assistant assignments and
adjust based on census and level of care required.
- Communicate problems with team members and needs to supervisor.
Escalate team member performance issues to supervisor and
participate in counseling and disciplinary action.
- Execute treatments as necessary and document reactions to
medications and treatments.
- Generate, prepare, administrate and chart all medications.
- Initiate physician orders, verify all orders received are
transcribed accurately in electronic records and treatment plan,
administer medications and provide treatments according to
- Facilitate communication with families regarding change in
medications and/or changes in the resident.
- Establish protocol to ensure care plans are continually
reviewed for updated and accurate data that represents the
individuality of the resident.
- Coordinate admissions, discharges and transfers in order to
deliver quality customer service.
- Introduce an accurate and thorough report to the on-coming
shift in order to ensure the continuity of maximum resident
- Direct team members in emergency situations and contact
appropriate parties as needed. Orchestrate investigation, corrects
and follows up on resident and family concerns as needed in a
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules,
and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company
policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living
Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies
and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion,
dedication, team work and quality.
- Team member will support, actively participate and act in
accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service
culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service
pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and
meetings.And here's what you need to apply:
- Licensed Practical Nurse graduate from an accredited nursing
- One year experience working in a long-term care facility.
- Certifications and Licensed Practical Nurse license and other
licensure required by state regulations.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform
job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors
and team members.
- Work efforts reflect a passion for exceeding customer
- Solicits resident/family feedback to understand the needs of
the resident and the community. Advocates for service excellence
within the center and influences others to take action.
- Displays responsibility by taking ownership of quality care.
Shows dedication to enriching the lives of our residents through
empathy and compassion.
- Exhibits a commitment to personal excellence through
professional greetings, proper telephone etiquette, common
courtesy, a professional attitude and appearance.
- Exhibits a commitment to results by looking for and
recommending or implementing process improvements.
- Shows respect and courtesy for fellow team mates by working
together to get the job well done.
- Effectively addresses customer concerns and strives to reduce
or resolve conflict. Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success
and this is just the beginning. With new opportunities, continued
growth, and the support from your Lifespace family get ready to
ignite your life and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is
one of the nation's largest senior living provider of non-profit
retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over
$340 million and employs over 3,800 team members. Lifespace
Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create
exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy
a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is
committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that
celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,100
Keywords: Lifespace Communities, Inc., Lombard , Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!