Nurse Supervisor Hospice
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Title: Clinical Operations Supervisor-Hospice (RN)Site: Advocate
Aurora Health System-Home and Hospice DivisionLocation: Hybrid Role
(Field, Office and Remote from Home)Schedule: Monday-Friday (One
remote holiday and urgent calls as needed)Team Size: 26-30 Team
ABOUT ADVOCATE AURORA HEALTH CARE:Advocate Health System and Aurora
Health System are now Advocate Aurora Health Care. One shared
purpose brought us together. Now, as one of the 10 largest
not-for-profit, integrated health systems in the United States, our
combined strength and stability drives us forward.With our
dynamically inclusive workforce and strong connections to the
places where we live and work, we'll touch more lives and
contribute to stronger and more vibrant communities.
- 70,000 Team Members
- 22,000 Nurses
- 3,300 Employed Physicians
- 4,800 Aligned Physician PartnersTransforming Care:We're
redefining the standard for care with world-class doctors and
caregivers, innovative solutions, outstanding outcomes, and
leading-edge research and clinical trials. Combined, Advocate and
Aurora are recognized for clinical excellence.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:Supervisor-Clinical Operations-Hospice
will be responsible for supervising Hospice Aids (CNA's) and
assisting with patient care activities for assigned area, as
determined by the clinical manager. Acts as clinical resource to
team members. You will have the autonomy to shape your schedule,
rounding with your team in the field and working remotely from
home.May also assume responsibility for direct patient care as
needed. Promotes quality outcomes, patient experience, and team
- Promotes an environment conducive to the delivery of quality
patient care. Assist with chart audits and assure action is taken.
Identifies trends in audits and communicates results to Manager and
- Assures field supervisory visits are accurately completed
according to agency policy as necessary.
- Provides direction to the staff with clear responsibility for
the coordination of resources to efficiently support day to day
- Monitors and assures staff productivity according to
established targets daily. Assures timely correction of charting
deficiencies that impact revenue cycle and clinical operations by
field team members.
- Monitors and assures reliability of clinical assessments,
tracks and remedies variances in outcomes and adverse events,
monitors productivity and on-call utilization and makes
recommendation to one up.
- Participates in the orientation of staff through on-going
direct teaching, coaching, observation, review and precepting of
staff. Assesses educational needs of clinical staff and assists in
development and facilitation of in services for staff.
- Coordinates and ensures 24-hour availability of field staff
services and rotates in on call with manager.
- Conduct tracers/joint visits and provide on-going feedback to
- In collaboration with the manager, conducts ongoing process
- Ensure accurate, timely and thorough OASIS data cycle
- Works collaboratively with operational staff and other
leadership to ensure growth and maintenance of established patient
and referral relationships.
- Establishes and maintains quality standards, continually
evaluating workflow and processes.
- Develops collaborative and cooperative relationships with
customers, physicians, community organizations and entities of
Advocate Aurora Health at Home.
- Assists in Field Team Interview/Hiring and Selection.
WHAT YOU WILL NEEDEducation: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, BSN
requiredCertification/License: Registered Nurse License,
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in clinical nursing or
- Must have thorough understanding of home health or hospice
regulations, reimbursement and care requirements.
- Prefer 1 year of supervisory experience in management of staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to resolve conflict, solve problems and
make independent judgements and decisions based on experience and
good judgement.At Aurora Health CareWe pride ourselves on taking
care of our people. And not just our patients-we mean you, too. We
help each other live well. When you work at Aurora, you get the
chance to work with a dedicated team that's as passionate about the
work as you are. Here, you'll find limitless opportunities for
ongoing learning, career advancement, competitive compensation and
a stable work environment. But more than that, you can change
lives-including your own.
Diversity and inclusion matter at Aurora. We celebrate our
differences and nurture an environment where everyone feels
included. We know that when we reflect the communities we serve,
when we embrace differences and bring our whole selves to work
every day, we are working as one to build a healthier tomorrow for
everyone. Aurora supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work
environment through criminal background checks and pre-employment
drug testing. We maintain a smoke-free environment at all our
locations. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Lombard , Nurse Supervisor Hospice, Healthcare , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!