Hospice RN - South Territory - PRN
Company: Lexington Health Network
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Overview:Teamwork is what we're all about at Lexington Health
Care, working together to achieve positive patient outcomes. We
realize that when you collaborate, great things are possible; for
your patients, and for your career. Lexington proudly employs more
than 2,500 employees allowing us to provide an immeasurable value
to the communities we serve. So much of who we are comes from being
an organization dedicated to the highest attainable quality of care
available today. In an industry filled with rapid change and
growth, our commitment to family values will never change. As a
family owned organization, we have always maintained a unique
perspective. Our reputation as a leading health care employer is
unmatched. Come see for yourself why it's so fulfilling to be a
part of Lexington!Responsibilities:
- The Registered Nurse is responsible
for the delivery, coordination and monitoring of appropriate
services for patients, families/caregivers. As a member of the
interdisciplinary team participates in the development and
implementation of the patient care plan.
- Meets with the patient/representative to explain hospice
philosophy and services and to assess the patient for hospice
- Completes consents/paperwork.
- Initiates hospice admission including comprehensive
- Assesses the physical care needs and incorporates the needs
into the hospice interdisciplinary care plan.
- Implements the care plan and provides nursing care to
terminally ill patients.
- Initiates communication and obtains necessary physician orders
for patient care with attending physician/hospice medical
- Communicates with other hospice staff members and other
agencies as needed to coordinate optimal care and use of resources
for the patient/representative.
- Interprets to the patient/representative the implications of
the diagnosis and the hospice plan of care; -Assists patient and
family to cope with the dying process.
- Consults with the Hospice Medical Director/Attending Physician
regarding significant changes in the patient's status or deviations
from the plan of treatment; -Obtains necessary physician orders for
patient care. -Keeps attending physician informed of the patient's
- Maintains up-to-date patient records so that problems, plans,
action and goals are accurately and clearly stated and changes are
reflected as they occur.
- Accepts responsibility for and coordinates the physical care of
the patient, by teaching patient/families/caregivers to the level
at which they are comfortable and capable of providing direct care
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings to develop,
review, and/or revise each patient's plan of care.
- Participates in the on-call process, as stated in agency
- Maintains regular communication with the RN Clinical Manager to
review case load.
- Assesses need for Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
- Completes CNA assignment sheet and supervises care every two
- Maintains accurate and current clinical records in accordance
with agency policy.
- Reports patient status to insurance companies.
- Participates in agency and community programs as requested to
promote professional growth and understanding of hospice.
- Participates in orientation programs for staff and
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to provide care,
based on physical, educational, and safety related criteria,
appropriate to the developmental age of the patients served.
- Attends continuing education activities and maintains
documentation of these activities.
- Attends and participates in scheduled staff meetings.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the Mission Statement of
LEXINGTON by providing excellent healthcare and service that is
professional, friendly, courteous and timely.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities
and other LEXINGTON committees as requested.
- Assists other team members when necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Current Registered Professional Nursing license to practice in
the state of Illinois
- Minimum one
- year experience in medical, oncology or hospice clinicalnursing
- Excellent assessment and teaching skills
- Able to make home visits year round
- Able to cover large geographic area
- Reliable car with current/renews insurance policy
- CPR card
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must be able to read, speak and understand the English language
- Requires frequent lifting, pushing, pulling, or carrying items
weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted, including assisting and even
transferring patients when required.
- Requires frequent bending, reaching, standing, walking,
squatting, sitting, kneeling, and repetitive hand movements
including adequate manual dexterity.
- Employees are required to talk and hear both in person and by
telephone and must be able to communicate via e-mail or
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to
multi-task and deal effectively in stressful situations.Benefits:We
offer a professional work environment, growth and advancement,
training, Competitive compensation and a benefits package including
a comprehensive Medical, dental, and vision plan, voluntary
benefits, Credit Union, 401(k) savings plan with company match,
holiday pay and paid time off.Lexington Health Network provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Lexington Health Network, Lombard , Hospice RN - South Territory - PRN, Healthcare , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!