Company: Restaurant Depot
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Freezer Manager FULL-TIME $16/hr Responsible for receiving the
product and ensures that freezers are stocked, labeled, clean, and
delivered product is packed out, and proper customer service is
provided. Essential Functions:
- Ensure proper customer service and works to develop relationships
with large customers.
- Supervises Assistant Freezer Manager, Freezer Supervisors, and
Stockers to assure that shelves are stocked and merchandise is
- Develops schedules, monitors performance and recommends the
proper discipline as appropriate.
- Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating
- Interview candidates and recommends for hires.
- Disciplines employees when necessary and recommend
- Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections to
meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP
- Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to
prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most
recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervises the receiving of all freezer products and ensures that
the proper paperwork is completed.
- Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical
inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintains refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance
contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervises the ordering of freezer products from vendors on a
regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal
shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
- Makes sure all the employees in the department can work the
equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper
block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a
regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets
and cleaning underneath.
- Ensures that excess inventory not slotted on floor is stacked in
overhead racks in close proximity to where it is sold or stored in
- Assures that trash is removed from floor and properly
- Makes sure that low stock/out of stock information is
communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully checking
the system and rack for product.
- Maintains that all signage is correct and that the flyers prices
are reflected on the product.
- Coordinates proper merchandising of aisles (logical adjacencies,
proper holding power, and space allocation) and creatively
merchandises and sets up impulse areas for merchandising.
- Performs additional duties, responsibilities and projects as
- Performs weekly self audits on the freezer department. ORD-04
WS-04 Schedule Shift start: 6:00 AM Shift length: 9 hours Open
Sunday thru Saturday, 5 days work week Benefits
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan Qualifications
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old Must have the ability to work in
a cold sub-zero environment.Must be able to operate lift
equipment.Preferred to have several years of leadership in a
managerial roleBachelor s Degree, OR High School Diploma or GED
with at least 4 years experience in customer service, OR any
appropriate combination of education and experience.Ability to
calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts, interest,
proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume.Computer Literacy
About Restaurant Depot Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale
Cash & Carry Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your
one-stop shop for savings, selection, and service, seven days a
week. They have been supplying independent food businesses with
quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores since
1990. They became the leading low-cost alternative to other
foodservice suppliers by eliminating the overhead of a traditional
distributor, focusing on the needs of independent foodservice
operators and offering free membership.
Keywords: Restaurant Depot, Lombard , Freezer Manager, Executive , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!