Assistant Deli Manager
Company: Restaurant Depot
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Assistant Deli Manager
FULL-TIME $15.50/hr Responsible for the receiving product and
ensures that aisles/freezers and refrigerators are stocked,
labeled, clean and delivered product is packed out, and proper
customer service is provided. 50% or more of the job is manual
labor. Essential Functions:
- Ensure proper customer service and works to develop relationships
with large customers.
- Supervises and works together with Deli Supervisor (if
applicable) and Stocker/s to assure that shelves are stocked and
merchandise is rotated.
- Assists in developing schedules, monitors performance and
recommends the proper discipline as appropriate including
- Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating
procedures and interviews candidates and recommends for hires.
- Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections to
meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP
- Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to
prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most
recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervises and works alongside the Stocker/s in the receiving of
all deli products and ensures that the proper paperwork is
- Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical
inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintains refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance
contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervises the ordering of deli products from vendors on a
regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal
shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
- Makes sure all the employees in the department can work the
equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper
block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a
regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets
and cleaning underneath. ORD-04 WS-04 WS-LC Schedule Shift start:
Shift length: 8 - 10 hours
5 days/week, must be available any day Benefits Health, dental,
vision insurance - available after 90 days
Paid time off
401(k) plan Qualifications Can lift 50 lbs
Must be at least 18+ years old
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
from managers, clients, and general public Ability to calculate
figures, and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions,
percentages, area, mass and volume. Effective oral and written
communication skills. High level of interpersonal skills to handle
sensitive and confidential situation and documentation. Computer
Literacy About Restaurant Depot Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only
Wholesale Cash & Carry Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be
your one-stop shop for savings, selection, and service, seven days
a week. They have been supplying independent food businesses with
quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores since
1990. They became the leading low-cost alternative to other
foodservice suppliers by eliminating the overhead of a traditional
distributor, focusing on the needs of independent foodservice
operators and offering free membership.
Keywords: Restaurant Depot, Lombard , Assistant Deli Manager, Executive , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!