Assistant Secondary DC Manager
Company: Scandinavian Designs - Dania Furniture
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Assistant Secondary DC Manager - Hiring Immediately-at Dania
Furniture Secondary Distribution Center in Lombard, IL$60K - $65K
per yearSchedule:Wednesday - Sunday
- 9:45 AM - 6:15 PM
Dania Furniture Scandinavian Designs is a home furnishings
destination rooted in our love for modern design and quality
craftsmanship. Work with a team who are passionate about modern
design and home furnishings!
Dania Furniture offers:
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account
- 401k with employer contribution.
- Work life balance - Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Fun and rewarding work.
- Visually inspiring workplace.
- Family-oriented team environment.
- Regular schedule.
- Generous merchandise discounts.
- Pet Insurance.
- Tuition assistance
What You Will Do:
- Provide supervisory and administrative support in the
day-to-day management of the warehouse staff and operations.
- Assist in training and supervising the warehouse staff.
- Understand and communicate company policy and procedures.
- Resolve customer service, refund and return issues.
- Obtain and maintain comprehensive knowledge of our products
(i.e., dimensions and weight, assembly, construction materials) in
the course of storing, moving and assembling our merchandise.
- Transport incoming merchandise to correct areas of
- Locate, load and unload merchandise into customers' cars and
- Read invoices to determine if orders have been paid in
- Use computer terminal to look up customer information.
- Match product to invoice, packing slip or bill of lading
- Assemble merchandise correctly and handle merchandise with care
to prevent damage.
- Follows all company safety and accident procedures while on
company premises or operating company vehicles or equipment.
- Courteously attend to the needs of customers and staff, assists
in set up of store displays and performs other duties as
Who you are:
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years prior Warehouse experience preferred.
- 18 years or older and possess/maintain a valid Driver's License
in the location's state.
- CDL preferred but not required
- Excellent customer service, team and communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and reliability.
- Able to read and understand work orders, shipping and receiving
- Able to obtain and maintain Fork Lift training and
certification as necessary.
- Heavy lifting up to 75 lbs. unassisted.
- Experience in operation of the various equipment including but
not limited to pallet jacks, and hand tools.
- Able to successfully complete our pre-employment physical, DOT
- certification, background, DMV/motor vehicle record check, and
- Benefits eligibility depends on scheduled hours.A family
business 50+ years in the making, with +50 furniture showrooms and
+700 employees across the U.S. in the near future, our
sister-brands (Scandinavian Designs and Dania Furniture) are a
contemporary home furnishings destination rooted in a love for
Nordic culture, modern design and quality craftsmanship. We offer
extensive product and sales training to facilitate career growth.
Our compensation includes a competitive pay program, comprehensive
health and retirement benefits.We are an equal opportunity employer
to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds,
orientations, expressions, and identities.
Keywords: Scandinavian Designs - Dania Furniture, Lombard , Assistant Secondary DC Manager, Executive , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!