Mechanical Design Engineer
Company: Performance Services
Posted on: June 22, 2022
PERFORMANCE SERVICES, INC. ABOUT COMPANYPerformance Services
(PSI) is a design-build engineering company headquartered in
Indianapolis, IN that specializes in constructing and renovating
schools, universities, and local government facilities to deliver
optimal environments through both the Design-Build and Guaranteed
Energy Savings procurement methods. Innovative solar and water
systems are integral to our portfolio of services. The company has
provided building solutions to customers since 1998 and is a
leading qualified provider of guaranteed energy savings projects
and ENERGY STAR labeled buildings. Markets served include Indiana,
Illinois, Wisconsin, Texas, Missouri, Arkansas, Michigan, Kentucky,
Florida, and North Carolina.
PSI is looking to add a Mechanical Design Engineer to our team in
Illinois. (Our offices are located in Lombard)
This individual will lead all mechanical design engineering
activities for our Retrofit/Energy Savings & Design-Build
Construction projects. . As well as assist with solar projects &
Water Meter projects. Majority of projects will be in the state of
PSI works mostly with K-12 schools, but also works in higher
education, and municipalities.
DUTIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIESAdministrative & Systems
- Inventory existing equipment and evaluate the condition and the
operation of existing building
- Survey existing site conditions to determine best possible
locations for new equipment, duct routing, and pipe routing.
- Identify problem areas that will affect design of new
- Select, size, schedule, and layout HVAC equipment, which
includes chillers, boilers, air handling equipment, exhaust
equipment, terminal equipment,
- Update construction documents and develop final as-builts.
- Work in conjunction with the Project Development Engineer to
develop system design concepts, scope design, and scope documents
(drawings and specs).
- Finalize HVAC system design after contract award.
- Prepare construction documents (drawings and specs).
- Layout and size ductwork and piping
- Review show
- Learn basic design skills for other related building systems
- Provide technical assistance to operations during the project
- Provide technical assistance to the performance assurance,
engineering, and energy accounting
Estimates and Calculations
- Perform building load
- Perform energy and operational savings
- Perform preliminary cost estimates.
- BSME or BSEE from an accredited college or university is
- Professional Engineer registration in states where projects are
- Minimum of 5 years of experience designing traditional plan and
specification projects in the HVAC industry.
The pay range for this is $105K - $125K depending on experience and
skill set.There is also a 7-10% bonus potential. As well as very
strong medical benefits (PSI covers 100% of health insurance
Keywords: Performance Services, Lombard , Mechanical Design Engineer, Engineering , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!