Network Technician I
Posted on: June 17, 2022
DescriptionAbout the Role: Windstream's team of Network
Technicians are vital team members who represent our leading
telecommunications brand that connects homeowners, small business,
and carrier partners across the United States. Our team of Network
Technicians care about technology and connecting customers to
products they value. Through providing technical expertise and
customer support, our Network Technicians create meaningful
connections with customers that create long-term relationships.
What You'll Do:
- Perform routine installation, maintenance, and repair
activities for network systems including voice, data, network,
transport, and video equipment
- Complete post installation tests for call processing
functionality and AMA testing
- Coordinate central office/Network equipment, card/SFP
insertions, translations, fiber cross-connects and inside wiring
- Perform OTDR tests and understand results
- Fixed Wireless Installation & Maintenance
- Safely operate and maintain clean and organized company service
- Work in both inside and outside environments
- Complete necessary safety training and follow safety standards
- You will report to the Manager of Local Operations Do You Have?
- Ability to understand CLR/DLR and Engineering job packs
- Ability to perform OTDR tests and understand results
- Basic technology and math skills
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable.
- Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, capable of working aloft.
- Ability to successfully complete required safety training.
- Ability to work assigned schedules and extended hours including
day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Ability to respond to after hour call-outs.
- High School Degree or GED equivalent Even Better: -
- Certifications or training directly related to the
- Two-year technical degree in computers or electronics, or the
equivalent in work experience. Our Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- #LI-BG1 IND123QualificationsMinimum Requirements:Associate
Degree in a technical discipline and 2-3 years technical/telephony
experience; or 4 years of directly related telephony experience, or
an equivalent combination of education and directly related
telephony experience. This is a safety sensitive position.Job
Category: Field OperationsLocations: US-Illinois-Lombard
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we
celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their
ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status,
current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other
status protected by law, and to give full consideration to
qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse
voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive
culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer,
pre-employment drug testing.
Keywords: Windstream, Lombard , Network Technician I, Engineering , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!