Commercial Loan Officer
Company: West Suburban Bank
Posted on: February 18, 2021
Commercial Loan OfficerUS-IL-LombardJob ID: 2020-4114Type:
Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 1Commercial
LoansResponsibilitiesSummary: Originates and services a wide
variety of business and individual loans, both secured and
unsecured. Makes decisions on loans and terms within established
lending limits or makes recommendations to a higher
authority.Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
following essential functions.
- Initiates contact with potential commercial accounts and
solicits their relationship. Interviews applicants to develop
information concerning their business, needs, desires, abilities
and earnings to determine whether a loan may be an acceptable risk.
Gives financial advice and counsel to customers and prospective
- Inquires on existing commercial accounts, maintains
relationships, cross-sells other bank products and services and
solicits referrals for new commercial relationships. Develops new
business and increase or retain existing business.
- Manages the entire banking relationship for a portfolio of
- Collects information, analyzes, underwrites,
approves/disapproves, negotiates terms and conditions, prepares
credit proposals, recommends documentation and disbursement
instructions for new and renewed loan requests.
- Monitors the performance of the borrower during the
relationship, including payments, Borrowing Base Certificates,
financial statements, tax returns, insurance.
- Maintains the integrity and quality of the loan portfolio.
Performs collections, negotiates work-outs and refers accounts to
collection attorneys as required. Keeps informed as to the status
of loans within his/her portfolio and monitors them for compliance
- Coordinates with Loan Review and Credit Analysis Manager and
the Senior Lender in establishing the risk rating for borrowers
including recommendations for a downgrade outside of the review
- Ensures that information gathering, decision making, and loan
monitoring are in compliance with all regulations.
- Has the ultimate responsibility for the maintenance and content
of his/her credit files.
- Maintains a presence and promotes the Bank within the
community. Serves on municipal committees and boards, as well as
Boards of Directors of civic groups or private enterprises.
Maintains membership in service clubs.
- Interacts with and provides information to executive officers
- Frequent local travel is required.
- All other reasonable duties as assigned.
- QualificationsRequired Education and Experience:
- Excellent computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Extensive knowledge of financial statement analysis and
- Minimum 10 years lending experience;
- May be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record;
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, or
accounting or equivalent work experience.Preferred Education and
- Formal credit training;Requirements for performing Essential
Functions:On the job, the employee may physically be required to
bend, sit, use finger movements, and/or handle objects (manual
dexterity). The position requires good eyesight and hearing, and
frequent operation of a motorized vehicle. On the job the employee
must mentally be able to read/comprehend, write, perform
calculations, communicate orally, reason, analyze, and multi-task.
West Suburban Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: West Suburban Bank, Lombard , Commercial Loan Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!